A small pocket of New York's Upper East Side, Carnegie Hill is home, workspace, and inspiration. The neighborhood embodies elegance, warmth and timelessness. Below are a few favorite places in Carnegie Hill:
- The Cooper Hewitt museum, with a beautiful garden overlooking central park is a fun and safe place for small kids to run around;
- The reservoir in Central Park, the perfect place for an evening run;
- Island Restaurant, a great burger and glass of wine dinner spot and our neighborhood favorite since childhood;
- Jacadi, our favorite children’s clothing store with gorgeous prints and colors;
- A walk along Fifth Avenue, home to beautiful pre-war architecture by Emery Roth, J.E.R. Carpenter and Rosario Candela;
- The Corner Bookstore, an independent bookstore that is much beloved by the neighborhood. The wonderful staff will track down any book you need. Be prepared to run into a friend or neighbor while browsing.
- The 92nd Street Y, which hosts wonderful children's gymnastics, swim and art classes as well as lectures and events for adults.